After two weeks experience with iPhone 3G, I decided to share some free applications that I liked most. Here is the list:
- Evernote [iTunes Link]: Evernote for iPhone (and iPod Touch) lets you capture any moment or idea as it happens, wherever you may find yourself. And, thanks to Evernote’s amazing cloud-based sync, you can recall it all any time from your iPhone, Mac, PC, the Web, or other mobile device.
- Create and edit new notes on the fly
- Snap a photo right into your account
- Record a quick voice memo
- Easily access all of your notes
- Select notes for offline viewing
- Wikipanion [iTunes Link]: “Wikipanion is the best and fastest Wikipedia browsing application for the iPhone”. It is designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries but individual sections within an entry.
- Fast: Wikipanion uses a direct connection to the Wikipedia servers, making it extremely fast.
- Smart: Wikipanion understands the page. Wikipanion pulls out meta material from the page, understanding sections and related foreign language pages.
- Convenient: Wikipanion meshes the Wikipedia with your iPhone. Get automatic search results while you type. Set your own font size that is saved and applied to every page with no future adjustment. Your last visited page is opened up from when you last left the application.
- International: Wikipanion goes international. Set a primary search language. Switch between different language versions of the page. Quickly retry an existing search in another language.
- Facebook [iTunes Link]: Facebook for iPhone makes it easy to stay connected and share information with your friends. Use your iPhone to start a conversation with Facebook Chat, check your friends’ latest photos and status updates, look up a phone number or upload your own mobile photos to Facebook while on go.
- The full news feed
- News feed story comments
- People search
- Friend requests
- Photo tagging
- Photo captioning
- Photo posts to your friends’ Wall
- Your entire inbox, plus the sent folder and updates tab
- Inbox search
- Message attachments
- Airme [iTunes Link]: Airme lets you capture the moment with your iPhone camera and instantly share it with your friends and family. Airme currently supports:
You can take most photo sizes and include your own custom tags or use the built in popular tag lists. Landscape and portrait photos are supported.
- Dictionaire [iTunes Link]: Dictionaire is an easy to use, no fluff dictionary app for your iPhone. Helps you find words when you need to.
- 140,000 definitions
- Helps you find words that “sound like” others
- Short, simple definitions
Enjoy your applications.